ROCKY RIVER, Ohio – The City of Rocky River is moving quickly on some of the city’s summer projects. Some are either near completion or already done.
Here is the city update as of July 2:
· Street Improvement Program – The 2021 Streets Program bid is currently under review by the city council.
· Crack & Joint Sealing Program – The contractor has completed work on all scheduled streets. Additional crack sealing will be performed on Morewood Parkway (Lake Rd. to the railroad crossing), Tonawanda Drive and Northview Road. The city additionally plans on performing a secondary crack and joint sealing program later this year for Center Ridge Road.
· Center Ridge Complete Streets – Old signal heads and poles have been removed and the new signal heads and poles have been activated. The contractor is performing concrete replacement and will be performing punch list items. The contractor will establish traffic safety patterns as necessary. Please exercise caution around the work areas.
· New police station – Camera and door control installation is nearly complete. Internet fiber installation is close to being finished. The contractor will be pouring concrete in front of the main entrance to city hall early next week.
· Morewood Parkway Sewer/Water/Repaving Project – City council has approved and awarded the contract to Fabrizi Trucking & Paving. Construction will commence the week of July 12th. A description of the project, approximate schedule, and the maintenance of the traffic plan can be found at: https://www.rrcity.com/rocky-river-blog/2021/7/1/morewood-parkway-water-main-storm-sewer-sanitary-sewer-and-pavement-replacement-project
· Lake Road ramps resurfacing – Full depth concrete repairs are ongoing. Expect periodic overnight ramp closures to allow concrete repairs to cure. Detour signage is posted. The next phase will include installation of a surface course of asphalt and the installation of sidewalks along the North Marginal.
· 2021 Tree and sidewalk program – The bid is currently under review by city council. The project involves the replacement of sidewalks and tree lawn trees on Kings Mill Run, Colonial Court, and Kings Post Parkway.
· 2021 Community Sidewalk Rehabilitation Program – The bid is currently under review by city council. As part of the program the city will be removing and replacing sections of sidewalk north of Lake Road that have become unsafe due to tree lawn tree conflicts, storm/sanitary sewer conflicts and/or conflicts from other public utilities. The Building Department is surveying sidewalks in one section that are not in compliance with Rocky River Municipal Code regarding sidewalk maintenance. Property owners will be required to replace sidewalks that are not in compliance with code if the issue is not caused by a public utility or tree lawn tree. The city will share the contractor information with residents once the contract is approved by city council. Residents will be able to coordinate directly with the contractor if they desire to address their sidewalk repairs.
For any questions contact Director of Public Safety Service Rich Snyder at 440-331-0600.