Just shy of three weeks after its release, Marvel Studios’ Black Widow is already targeting its non-Disney+ digital, Blu-ray and DVD release dates.
Black Widow, which just arrived in theaters and on Disney+ Premier Access July 9, is already poised for home release.
Marvel Studios confirmed Black Widow arrives on non-Disney+ digital platforms Aug. 10 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on Sept. 14. Along with the announcement, the studio unveiled the following list of bonus materials:
- Bloopers– Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of “Black Widow.”
- Deleted Scenes
- — Grocery Shopping – Natasha heads into a grocery store to prepare for her journey through Norway. After a long drive, she arrives at her destination: a mysterious trailer in the middle of nowhere.
- — Bike Chase – Tailed by assailants, Natasha and Yelena speed through the city in order to escape their nemeses.
- — Gulag Fight – Alexei squares up against several enemies and is quickly overpowered. When all hope seems lost, Natasha leaps in to lend a hand in the fight.
- — Smile – The Taskmaster protocol is activated in a tense moment, and an iconic helmet is unveiled.
- — Come After Me – Secretary Ross and Mason discover an important message Natasha left behind.
- — Walk and Talk – Alexei and Melina have a playful exchange. The Taskmaster arrives and faces off with Alexei.
- — Widows in Training – Yelena and Alexei awaken in captivity. Melina hands the Taskmaster vials while the Widows train.
- — Kiss – Alexei and Melina reunite after the action. Natasha grieves over an untimely demise in the brutal aftermath.
- — Ohio – Natasha witnesses the carefree nature of the Ohio suburbs through the neighborhood children.
- Filmmaker Introduction Featurette– Director Cate Shortland introduces the film and her vision for it.
- Sisters Gonna Work It Out Featurette– Watch Scarlett and Florence as they train, fight, and bond to become the sister duo in “Black Widow.” Listen as the cast and crew discuss the characters, rigorous training, and building the dynamic between the two fearsome siblings.
- Go Big If You’re Going Home Featurette– Step back to appreciate the size and scale of “Black Widow”’s solo film. Shot around the world, the film balances family and drama with mind-blowing action. The cast and crew reveal the intricacies of stunts that made the film so action-packed.
Black Widow debuted to impressive numbers, both in terms of box office haul and Disney+ Premier Access purchases. However, the film subsequently set the record for the biggest second-week drop in Marvel Studios history at 67%. Many theater owners blamed this box office blunder on the hybrid release model. “Despite assertions that this pandemic-era improvised release strategy was a success for Disney and the simultaneous release model, it demonstrates that an exclusive theatrical release means more revenue for all stakeholders in every cycle of the movie’s life,” the National Association of Theatre Owners declared in a written statement.
Black Widow is now in theaters and on Disney+ Premier Acces. The film arrives on non-Disney+ digital platforms Aug. 10 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD Sept. 14.
KEEP READING: Black Widow Almost Included a Doctor Doom Easter Egg
Source: Marvel Studios
Fox’s X-Men Movies Wasted a Powerful Marvel Villain, TWICE – Can the MCU Save Him?
About The Author