ROCKY RIVER, Ohio – Rocky River takes a backseat to no one in forward efforts on city projects. The huge Bradstreet’s Landing Pier project is moving into some final stages as other city projects are in process or beginning to finish.
Currently, the steps being taken on the pier include:
· Grade, form and prepare for casting planter.
· Place granular fill and slab sub-base material on the pier.
· Grade, form and cast post foundations.
· Remove existing pavement in the park area.
· Prepare sub-grade and reinforcement for pier concrete and continue with forming and casting planters.
In other city project work roads, the new police station and trees and sidewalks are the priority:
· Crack and Joint Sealing Program – The contractor has completed work on all scheduled streets. Additional crack sealing has been performed on Morewood Parkway from Lake Road to the railroad crossing and Tonawanda Drive. Crack and joint sealing has been performed on Northview Road between Hilliard Boulevard and Westway Drive with work coming on the other sections of the street. A secondary crack and joint sealing program will happen later in the year for Center Ridge Road.
· Center Ridge Road – All work has been completed. A punch list items will be reviewed and completed.
· New police station – The Police Department has transitioned to the new building. The site is still under construction so access will be limited. If you need assistance please call the non-emergency number at (440) 331-1234. A punch list of items on the first and second floor administrative areas are being performed. The detention area is still under construction with completion scheduled for early fall. The site and landscaping contractors will continue their progress and are expected to complete work in early fall.
· Morewood Parkway sewer/water/repaving project: construction has begun. Traffic on Morewood Parkway from Wagar Road to the railroad tracks will be one way towards Lake Road for the duration of the project. The contractor is in the process of installing temporary water lines.
· Lake Road Ramps Resurfacing – The contractor is performing repairs to the intermediate course of asphalt and beginning application of the surface course. Expect periodic overnight closures.
· 2021 Tree and Sidewalk Program – The bid is currently under review by city council. This project involves the replacement of sidewalk and tree lawn trees on Kings Mill Run, Colonial Court and Kings Post Parkway.
· 2021 Community Sidewalk Rehabilitation Program – The bid is currently under review by city council. As part of the program the city will be removing and replacing sections of sidewalk north of Lake Road that have become unsafe due to tree lawn tree conflicts, storm/sanitary sewer conflicts and/or conflicts from other public utilities. The building department is surveying sidewalks in one section that are not in compliance with the Rocky River Municipal Code regarding sidewalk maintenance. Property owners will be required to replace sidewalks that are not in compliance with code if the issue is not caused by a public utility or tree lawn tree.
The city will share the contractor information with residents once the contract is approved by city council. Residents will be able to coordinate directly with the contractor if they desire to address their sidewalk repairs. Notifications to residents regarding the awarded contractor is expected soon.
· Reclamite Pavement Rejuvenator – Application of Reclamite Pavement Rejunevator on Hilliard Boulevard from the Westlake border to Northview Road is proceeding. The application is expected to take 2-3 days to complete. Application will begin on the inside lanes and turning lanes. Flaggers will be in place to direct traffic. Use caution in the work zone.
For any questions on the city projects, contact Rocky River Director of Public Safety Service Rich Snyder at 440-331-0600.